Odd Job Man Portsmouth Hampshire: For the majority of householders there are sure to be times when there are that want working on around their home in Portsmouth, which are beyond the skills of your typical do-it-yourselfer. And even when you have the skills to do the work yourself, perhaps you just can't be bothered, you might not have the time or you might not own the required equipment and tools to do it. Subsequently, if you need to get the work done properly and quickly, you will need to get in touch with a local odd job man in the Portsmouth area. Obviously, you're not going to want to let any ol' odd job man loose on your Portsmouth home without the knowledge that they are trustworthy and able to do a quality job.
The number of different assignments that your friendly odd job man in Portsmouth can assist you with, may actually astound you. It will not just be the commonplace odd jobs for example tidying up the garden, fixing up some shelving or flat pack furniture assembly, he may also be perfectly able to take on much more involved projects like repairing some kitchen unit doors, putting together some decking for your garden or fitting some cupboards under the stairs.
Not all odd job men/women will tackle every sort of job that is needed, therefore it's important that you pair your handyman with the specific task that you need doing in your property. And also keep in mind that as soon as you've identified a decent odd job man in Portsmouth, you will be calling on him for even more jobs later on.
1. Precisely whatneed to be done? First of all, put together a list of all the that need undertaking around your house. Those smaller jobs such as putting up shelves, fixing a wooden fence, assembling flat packed furniture or hanging pictures, are the ones best suited to . When you have got tasks that are a bit more complex like electrical work, plumbing or gas fitting, bringing in a skilled would be somewhat better than an odd job man.
2. Do not employ the first odd job man you find. Interview at least 3 Portsmouth odd job men and check out any onlinethat can be found. Ask about how long they have been running their business and where their lie. Make certain you study any that they have from people they have previously done jobs for. Confirm that each prospective odd job man has the and skill to do your job effectively.
3. Look at their portfolio. Ask if you can see aof their work if they have one. You can get a better idea of what they're capable of by seeing some photos of their . If they've got a Twitter page, Instagram account or even their own dedicated , be sure to take a peek.
4. Beware of con-men. Avoid anywho contacts you unsolicited, or knocks on your front door in Portsmouth uninvited. Also steer clear of any odd job person who will not offer a firm price for the project or demands . Trustworthy never expect to be paid until the work is finished.
5. Get it all in writing. Get itemised costs, the responsibilities of the odd job man, a schedule for payment and full details of the work inand insist that he/she signs it. Set out clear and precise starting and finishing times. Ensure that you get everything you have agreed .
6. Request a guarantee. Offering guarantees for their work is a thing that certain odd job men in Portsmouth may willingly do. You may be more predisposed to hirewho is able to give a written guarantee for the work they do.
7. Carry out an inspection. Inspect everything meticulously once the job has been finished, and do notyour odd job man until you've done this. Ensure everything has been finished for the predetermined price and that you're with the quality of the work. Most will want you to be happy with their work and will gladly go through the resulting work with you.
Handyman services are available in Portsmouth and also in nearby places like: Purbrook, Porchester, Eastney, Emsworth, Havant, Widley, Gosport, Milton, Hilsea, Alverstoke, Drayton, Fareham, Fratton, Lee on the Solent, Southsea, Hayling Island, Copnor, Cosham, and in these postcodes PO1 2BL, PO1 1AU, PO1 1JP, PO1 1JG, PO1 1RG, PO1 2DQ, PO1 1PX, PO1 2DR, PO1 1SA, PO1 2DD. Locally based Portsmouth odd job men will most likely have the postcode PO1 and the telephone dialling code 023.
Flat Pack Assembly Portsmouth
If you're buying new furniture items for your home or office in Portsmouth, it might not always be delivered assembled and ready to use. Flat-packed furniture is pretty normal for most stores and outlets, and can sometimes be a little challenging to fit together. Your local Portsmouth odd job man should be able to help if you don't want to construct your new furniture by yourself.
A handyman is a perfect choice to put your flat-packed furniture together professionally, quickly and with the minimum of fuss. Their extensive experience with furniture assembly and the fact they'll have a wide range of tools suitable for any task will give you confidence that they'll do the job properly. This option also eliminates the sometimes stressful experience of working with hard to understand diagrams and instruction sheets that make no sense to the average person. Bring in an odd job man; take the stress out of flat pack assembly. (Tags: Flat Pack Assembly Portsmouth, Furniture Construction Portsmouth, Flat Pack Furniture Assembly Portsmouth).
Storage Solutions Portsmouth
If you discover your kid's bedrooms are full of toys with no place to store them away, and your cupboards are totally full, then you ought to look at asking your local odd job man for assistance with storage solutions and ideas. An odd job man could help you to use the space under stairs with custom made cupboards, or suggest ways to use alcove spaces with neatly fitting shelving or units.
Perhaps you've got room in a children's bedroom for a small under-window bench. Use this available space by building a custom made seat with extra storage for books and toys underneath, keeping them off the floor and out of the way. Another awesome idea is to ask your handyman to create further storage by putting shelves up above doors. The height means you'll never bang your head, and when you consider all that previously wasted space above entrances, it's really an outstanding method of creating storage space easily.
Handyman Tasks Portsmouth
Odd Jobs List: Here are just a small hint of the that your local Portsmouth odd job person may be capable of assisting you with: small jobs in Portsmouth, small tasks, installing garden fences in Portsmouth, general garden maintenance, taking flat pack furniture apart, garden maintenance in Portsmouth, odd , building flat-pack wardrobes, changing door locks, odd kitchen projects in Portsmouth, repairing skirting boards in Portsmouth, repairing timber flooring, fitting coat pegs, odd bathroom jobs, odd projects in Portsmouth, mounting pictures, odd clearance tasks, gate repairs, house maintenance, guttering repairs, constructing wooden decking in Portsmouth, minor electrics (additional sockets, switches etc), small jobs, maintenance estimates, fixing together flat pack furniture in Portsmouth, general painting work in Portsmouth, fascia and soffit repairs in Portsmouth, mending garden fencing, fitting , odd tasks in Portsmouth, tile re-grouting, installing curtain poles and rails in Portsmouth, fitting internal doors in Portsmouth, installing window blinds in Portsmouth and much more can be undertaken by an odd job man in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Also near Portsmouth: Porchester odd job men, Lee on the Solent odd job men, Widley odd job men, Fratton odd job men, Alverstoke odd job men, Drayton odd job men, Gosport odd job men, Havant odd job men, Fareham odd job men, Emsworth odd job men, Hilsea odd job men, Milton odd job men, Purbrook odd job men, Cosham odd job men, Hayling Island odd job men, Copnor odd job men, Southsea odd job men, Eastney and more.
Searching Online For an Odd Job Man
Doing a search online is the way that most property owners in Portsmouth hunt for any kind of services these days. As you're scanning this webpage at this point, you most likely uncovered it by searching on Bing, Google or Yahoo. One concern is often that the page one listings offered up by the celebrated search engines may not exactly be the ones that you were needing. When you're trying to track down an odd job expert for example, you'll go to a search engine and type in "odd job man near me", "odd job man Portsmouth", "odd job man in Portsmouth" or "Portsmouth odd job man". It's useful to understand that the 4 top results are often PPC adverts and the majority of the other results on the first page will likely be web directories like ThreeBestRated, Yell, Yelp or Hotfrog, or entries for major trade portals such as Quotatis, TrustaTrader, My Builder, Checkatrade or Rated People. In order to discover the web sites of actual odd job men, you'll have to scroll down to page 2 and 3 or possibly even lower down the listing results.
Latest Odd Job Enquiries
Current Hampshire job postings: Ms Amelie Sutherland was enquiring about an odd job man who can install a vertical blind in her terraced property in Bartley. Yanis Karim was trying to get an estimate from an odd job person in Tadley who can change a rotten floorboard in his flat. Huxley and Kiana Carmichael were hoping to get an estimate from an odd job man in Odiham who can repair an area of damaged plaster in their terraced property. Cole and Everly Bowers were trying to get an insurance quote from an odd job man in Milford on Sea who can mend the damaged fencing in the garden of their terraced property. In Southsea, Hampshire, Kyran and Dolcie Buckley are on the lookout for an expert who will put up a new curtain pole. Mr and Mrs Finney want an odd job person to put up some shelves in their bungalow in Waterlooville. Mrs Amaya Wilton was wanting to get a quote from an odd job man in Beaulieu who can replace the washer on a dripping tap in her terraced property. Ms Ophelia Griff in Barton on Sea, Hampshire wants to hire somebody who will mount a mirror and some photos in her lounge.
Portsmouth Odd Job Services
- Portsmouth Woodworking Odd Jobs
- Portsmouth Garden Clearance
- Portsmouth Domestic Repairs
- Portsmouth Gutter Cleaning
- Portsmouth Domestic Maintenance
- Portsmouth Odd Job Man
- Portsmouth Odd Job Men
- Portsmouth Handyman and Odd Job Services
- Portsmouth Cleaning Odd Jobs
- Portsmouth Domestic Odd Jobs
- Portsmouth Plumbing Odd Jobs
- Portsmouth Garden Odd Jobs
- Portsmouth Electrical Odd Jobs
- Portsmouth Commercial Maintenance
People in the following Portsmouth places recently enquired about an odd job man: Baker Street, Seaton Avenue, Spenlow Close, Claybank Road, Colebrook Avenue, Tarleton Road, Connaught Lane, Chadderton Gardens, Anchor Gate Road, Bridgeside Close, Short Row, Brookfield Road, Doyle Close, Cranleigh Avenue, Dean Road, Truro Road, Collis Road, Simpson Road, Bevis Road, Douglas Road, Court Close, Conan Road, A'becket Court, Breech Close, Claremont Road, Severn Close, Thornby Court, Bishop Street, Ariel Road, and in these postcodes PO1 2BL, PO1 1AU, PO1 1JP, PO1 1JG, PO1 1RG, PO1 2DQ, PO1 1PX, PO1 2DR, PO1 1SA, PO1 2DD.
Totton, Winchester, Fareham, New Milton, Aldershot, Havant, Farnborough, Alton, Stubbington, Waterlooville, Hythe, Fleet, Portsmouth, Horndean, Hedge End, Andover, Basingstoke, Emsworth, Eastleigh, Southsea, Gosport, Yateley and Southampton.:
Portsmouth Handyman Jobs: Browse handyman jobs near Portsmouth here: Portsmouth Handyman Jobs
Odd job men in PO1 area, 023.